Thursday, March 27, 2014

Crochet Hell

I am in crochet hell right now and can't wait to escape.  Sadly, I have a ways to go before I can get out of this hell.  I had I promised a friend a blanket and I am working on the thing.  I am sick of it.  I want it gone.  I get this way with several projects when I have been working on them for a while. 

I have 6 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun yarn in this project with 6 more skeins to go.  It is going to be a huge blanket by the time I am finished with it.  I am using a size N hook.  It goes quickly and the yarn is a dream to work with. 

I have  list of items that have to be taken care of after the blanket is done.  I have socks to knit for my SIL, Kim.  I have one more mitten to knit for my niece, Maribeth.  I have charity items to knit for the kids who are needy.  Thankfully, I have a yarn stash to support it all. 

I also need to paint my spring line up for the shop.  I have a color that has been zipping around my brain for a couple of months and I have to paint it in several different yarns.  It is that kind of color way. 

Just trying to find the time to deal with it all, that is the problem.  I am hoping to be able to finish the blanket by the weekend so, it will be ready to be picked up.  I don't like for these things to hang around the house.  No way!  The cats tend to claim things that they shouldn't. The cats have their own blanket now since they claimed the one I was crocheting for my friend.  They completely took it over. So, I was forced to re-crochet this blanket for her. 

Will I be making more blankets for people?  No idea.  I am to the point where I am almost out of Lion Brand Homespun in my yarn stash.  I think I have enough to make one more blanket.  I will stash the yarn for someone special.  It is my go to yarn for prayer blankets.  So soft and very huggable.  I have made several prayer blankets with it. 

I also have to clean house.  It is an ongoing issue.  I have to clean off several tables that have just collected junk.  I also need to move my yarn bins out of the upstairs hallway and into the office.  Now to tell my back that we have to do these things.  Killer.  I am still dealing with it hurting. I did a good job of it this time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment